Monday, March 11, 2013

...And I thought I'd never have to do math again.

I really, really respect people who create patterns. It is exhausting and mind-bending.

I've been silent for the last couple weekends because I've been working on re-creating an old pattern I found in a magazine from 1998. Back then, I guess jelly rolls and other time saving fabric cuts weren't really a big thing, because this pattern was all ready for me to cut about a thousand HSTs out from yardage.

Yeah. Right.

So, I've been working on changing the pattern to something much friendlier (jelly rolls!) and changing the color scheme from red and white to something that will fit much better in my bed room. Once I am sure I have all the kinks out of it, I'll post it here for you all to see. As of right now, I'm still crossing things out and pulling my hair out, almost simultaneously.

My geometry teacher is laughing somewhere, really, really loudly.

-J

1 comment:

  1. Here is the link to a bit of a tutorial on those papers I said I was going to send you..
    http://textilehouse.blogspot.com/2011/03/beth-i-hear-you-calling.html
    I think you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete